Sunday 7 July 2013

Five Years of Blogging

It is five years since I started blogging. My first post went live on 7th July 2008. This is one of the first layouts I posted.

 
Here are a few layouts from those early blog posts.
 
J went to senior school.
 
 
Riding a wooden roller coaster at Efteling in Holland.
 
 
 
We went on Safari to Kenya.
 
 
I had small break after moving house but I can't believe I have continued posting. I was slow to the uptake of blogging to begin with because I wasn't sure I can keep it up...I am one of those who is afraid of long term commitment.
In the new house, I managed to bagsie myself a new scrap room.  This is what it looked like.  Nowadays it is not fit for company or photograph!
 
 
I used to like bright and busy.  Here are some layouts from that era.
 



Somewhere along the line, I went less-is-more.  Back in 2010 actually, with this post, "It started with this".




But from time to time, I can't resist filling the page up.


2013 Resolution for no new dresses is still adhered to. Go me!

The chickens are now doing something like 15-20 eggs a week.  Go hens...especially the white one that lays pretty much non-stop.

 
Have you done the Harry Potter Studio ?  That was fun.

 
Another class for UKS. 

 
Feeling blessed that we live in such a beautiful spot of the country.

 
Thank you to all my friends who continue to read and support my blog. I hope we can all stay in touch and being friends forever! As a show of my appreciation, I will send a small padded envelope filled with goodies to one of my reader who leaves a comment below. I will do a draw and publish the result on 15th July. See you then.
 
 

9 comments:

Mel said...

Time flies doesn't it? Blogging has really changed the way I scrap and I have been inspired by all my blogging friends. It is interesting to reflect on how your style has changed.

Unknown said...

What a fascinating post Ifa. Scrapping time travel :0) Can I be honest??? Much prefer your style these days!! Congratulations on your anniversary.....here's to many more years x

Sian said...

What a lovely post! Congratulations on five years of blogging. I can remember when I was talking about starting, how you encouraged me by saying what have you got to lose? That gave me the push I needed and I was very grateful. So I'm sending you best blogging wishes for many many more years to come

Sian said...

ps I loved the look at your evolving style too

CoventryAnn said...

Funny as I started blogging in July 2008 too! I hadn't twigged my 5th birthday blog was coming up, and like you I wasn't sure Id keep it up, but I have blogging a couple of times most weeks. Great to see your style evolve, and I recognise some of the LOs as classes I've taken part in :)

Alison said...

I think some of your layouts have really stood the test of time - I love the results! Congratulations on 5 years - it's great to look back, isn't it? Best wishes going forward. x

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed seeing the evolution of your scrapping style... Prompted me to go and look back to my own earlier LOs.... Which was enlightening!
Mandy

Anonymous said...

Just saw that I started blogging June 2008! Seems like a rash of blogs started round then!!?!

alexa said...

What a wonderful cornucopia of pages! And fascinating to see how your love of bright colour and shape has continued but also incorporated more white space. Wow! on the five years - that is a great achievement :). Looking forward to the next five!