Tuesday 2 October 2012

Dark Side of the Moon


You know those first day of school photos that I religously take every year...not all of them make it on to a layout. This year I am delighted to say, I have made a layout for each of my boys and all before the end of September! Honest, it was all done before the weekend but I didn't get a chance to take some photos to share with you till now.

 
You might be wondering about the title of this post and the layout ?  
 

In the first week of term, the school hosted a parents' social to welcome us to school. H joined middle school this year.  The Headmaster in his speech introduced the school counsellor, pointing out that this man might be useful for this age group. He described the age as going to the dark side of the moon whilst orbitting the moon.  There was reference to Apollo 13 mission as well but I paraphrased. 
 
Hence the title of the layout. What is more appropriate than a moon and a few owls to complete the night scene ?
 

 
Next I have J's to share with you. I have so say, J has definitely come out to the light side.  He is now very pleasant and also very helpful...I nearly fainted when he came into the kitchen and said, "Do you need any help, mummy ?". He did help before but only if asked so him offering was a new thing for me.
 
Have you seen the Bits from Amy Tangerine ? They are really cool. Go get youselves some.

4 comments:

Scrappi Sandi said...

Both gorgeous LO's & your boys are very handsome too! Thanks for a great day on Saturday...shame we have to wait THREE months till the next one!! ;D

Sian said...

Lovely layouts and,yes, handsome boys! Our Parent's Evening advice this year? Parents of girls - now is the time to start looking for a Formal Dress and Parents of boys - now is the time to start teaching them to cook. Oh, and not being able to find a parking space is not a valid excuse for being late for school..

Anonymous said...

Lovely, lovely LOs.....as always....
Thanks so much for your kind words - they meant a lot....

alexa said...

I just love your pages, Ifa - a gorgeous mix of colour and plenty of white space! and what handsome (and helpful) young men ... you must be very proud!